« Home | The Lyrebird » | 4 DJs » | The Proposition » | What's It Gonna Be? » | Bellagio Mentos » | Itchy And Scratchy » | Magnetic Implants » | Look Around You » | Kill Bill In 2 Minutes » | Suicide Jumper »

Mistress of Spices


Another movie alert. Do not watch this movie.

There isn't very much to be said about this film, so I will keep it short. The script is simply laughable. People will say: "you have to understand the magic of it...". They're wrong. There's no magic. Only excruciatingly poor story and character development.
To top that off numerous smaller characters are introduced to the story without actually contributing anything to it, and the chemistry between the two leading roles is simply non-existent.

For those of you thinking: "I hear you buddy, but I think I'll take my girl/boyfriend to it. They love those romantic love stories." To you I say this: I watched this movie with a date and another couple. We all left the cinema with bruises on our foreheads from smacking it with despair throughout the movie.

This movie is a waste of your time. The only lifting bit of it is Aishwarya Rai who's absolutely gorgeous.


Just thought I'd add - I watch good films too. I just don't get such a strong urge to go blab about them... wonder why that is.