« Home | deviantART » | Through the wonders of the web, I've stumbled upon... » | Nod 32. A most worthy antivirus program. » | More Chuck Norris! » | Superstition brings bad luck. » | I like this poem by Rachel רַק עַל עַצְמִי לְסַפּ... » | and so I'm back... from miluim... » | Narnia » | I'll be away for the next few days - it seems the ... » | Chuck Norris - 22 facts »

Ebay nastiness.

Every once in a while someone receives a rude awakening and earns us all a collective lesson - the net, much like the real world, has some sneaky people roaming it.


On this page (which I have some visual issues with, but I'll leave that for now) you can read about two examples of, while not quite ebay scams, still sneaky and somewhat deceitful.
If you're lazy. the gist is - people using the hype around the Xbox 360, have sold:
  • A picture of an Xbox 360. The item sold for over 800$.
  • Two hotmail email addresses showing the buyer's appreciation for the xbox. Again, sold for over 800$.
Lesson? Read the fine print.